Have you ever found yourself fully immersed in a YouTube video, only to struggle with exiting full-screen mode? I know I have. That’s why today, I want to share with you how to turn off immersive mode on YouTube.
What is Immersive Mode on YouTube?
First, let’s talk about what immersive mode is on YouTube. Immersive mode, also known as full-screen mode, allows you to watch videos without any distractions. It hides the navigation bar, status bar, and other on-screen elements, giving you a more immersive viewing experience.
How to Turn Off Immersive Mode on YouTube
So, you want to exit immersive mode on YouTube? Don’t worry; it’s a simple process. Here’s how you can do it:
- Start by tapping anywhere on the screen while the video is playing. This will bring up the playback controls.
- Next, look for the “Exit full screen” button. It’s usually located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Once you find the button, tap on it to exit immersive mode.
And there you have it! You’ve successfully turned off immersive mode on YouTube.
Why Turn off Immersive Mode?
Now, you might be wondering why you would want to turn off immersive mode. While immersive mode can provide a more engaging viewing experience, there are a few reasons why you might want to disable it:
- Access to other apps: When in immersive mode, it can be challenging to switch between apps or access your phone’s notifications. By turning off immersive mode, you regain full access to your device’s functionality.
- Multi-tasking: If you’re someone who likes to have multiple apps open at the same time, immersive mode may hinder your ability to do so. Disabling it allows you to multitask more easily.
- Screen sharing: If you want to share your screen with others while watching a YouTube video, immersive mode can make it difficult for them to see what’s happening on your device. By turning it off, you ensure a better screen-sharing experience.
While immersive mode can enhance your viewing experience on YouTube, there are times when you may want to turn it off. Whether it’s for accessing other apps, multitasking, or screen sharing, knowing how to exit immersive mode can be beneficial. Now that you have the steps, you’re ready to take control of your YouTube viewing experience!