Have you ever been annoyed by the constant friend suggestions on Snapchat? I know I have! It seems like no matter what I do, the app is always trying to get me to add more people to my friend list. Well, I’m here to tell you that there are ways to stop these friend suggestions and regain control of your Snapchat experience. Let’s dive in!
Why Are Friend Suggestions Annoying?
Before we get into how to stop friend suggestions, let’s first discuss why they can be so bothersome. While Snapchat’s intentions may be good – wanting to connect you with more people – the constant barrage of suggestions can feel invasive. It’s almost as if the app is trying to make decisions for you and determine who you should be friends with. As someone who values their privacy, I find this intrusive and want to have more control over who I connect with on Snapchat.
Take Control of Your Friend Suggestions
So, how do you stop those pesky friend suggestions on Snapchat? Here are a few methods that have worked for me:
1. Turn Off Contact Syncing
One of the main sources of friend suggestions on Snapchat is the app’s ability to sync with your phone’s contacts. By disabling contact syncing, you can prevent Snapchat from constantly scanning your contacts and suggesting new friends. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat on your device.
- Tap on your profile icon or Bitmoji at the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the gear icon to access Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on “Privacy”.
- Find the “Who Can…” section and tap on “Customize” next to “Contact Me”.
- Toggle off the “Sync Contacts” option.
By turning off contact syncing, you’ll no longer receive friend suggestions based on your phone’s contacts.
2. Remove Unwanted Contacts
If you’re still receiving friend suggestions from specific individuals you don’t want to connect with on Snapchat, you can manually remove them from your contacts. Follow these steps to remove unwanted contacts:
- Go to your device’s Contacts app.
- Locate the contact you want to remove.
- Tap on the contact’s name to view their details.
- Tap on the option to delete or remove the contact.
By removing unwanted contacts from your device, you can ensure that Snapchat won’t suggest them as friends.
3. Customize Your Snapcode
Another way to stop friend suggestions is to customize your Snapcode. Your Snapcode is the unique QR code associated with your Snapchat account. By changing your Snapcode, you can make it more difficult for the app to suggest friends based on your code. Here’s how you can customize your Snapcode:
- Open Snapchat and tap on your profile icon or Bitmoji.
- Tap on the yellow Snapcode icon at the top.
- Tap on the settings icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose “Edit Snapcode” from the options.
- Customize your Snapcode by adding stickers, Bitmoji, or changing the background color.
- Save your changes.
By making your Snapcode unique and personalized, you can reduce the chances of receiving friend suggestions.
Friend suggestions can be annoying, but you don’t have to let them control your Snapchat experience. By turning off contact syncing, removing unwanted contacts, and customizing your Snapcode, you can regain control over who you connect with on the app. Remember, it’s your choice who you want to be friends with, and Snapchat should respect that. Happy snapping!