Hey there, fellow iPhone user! If you’re anything like me, you love using Snapchat to capture and share memorable moments with your friends and loved ones. However, I understand that there may be times when you want to take a screenshot on Snapchat without alerting the person on the other end. Well, you’re in luck because I’ve got some nifty tricks to help you with that!
Understanding Snapchat’s Screenshot Alert System
Before we dive into the methods, it’s important to understand how Snapchat’s screenshot alert system works. When you take a screenshot of a snap, Snapchat notifies the sender by displaying a small emblem of an eye-shaped icon next to your name in their chat. This clever feature was designed to respect the privacy of users and promote more candid exchanges. However, there are a few ways to get around this notification system.
Method 1: Airplane Mode
This method is super simple and effective. Here’s how it works:
- Open Snapchat and load the snap you want to screenshot.
- Put your iPhone on Airplane Mode by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and tapping the airplane icon.
- Take a screenshot as you normally would by pressing the appropriate buttons.
- Close Snapchat and return to the home screen.
- Turn off Airplane Mode by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and tapping the airplane icon again.
By using Airplane Mode, you effectively cut off your iPhone’s internet connection, preventing Snapchat from sending a notification to the other person about your screenshot. It’s a handy trick that works like a charm!
Method 2: Assistive Touch
This method is ideal for those who have difficulty reaching the physical buttons on their iPhone. Here’s how it works:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to “Accessibility” and select “Touch”.
- Tap on “AssistiveTouch” and toggle it on.
- A floating button will now appear on your screen. Tap on it to open the AssistiveTouch menu.
- From the AssistiveTouch menu, tap on “Device” and then “More”.
- Tap on “Screenshot” to capture a screenshot of the current screen.
This method utilizes the AssistiveTouch feature on your iPhone, allowing you to take a screenshot without using the physical buttons. Since you’re not pressing any buttons, Snapchat won’t detect the screenshot and won’t send a notification to the other person. It’s like a secret agent move!
Method 3: QuickTime Screen Recording (Mac Required)
Do you have a Mac computer? If so, this method is perfect for you. Here’s how it works:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a lightning cable.
- Open the QuickTime Player application on your Mac.
- Click on “File” in the menu bar and select “New Movie Recording”.
- A new window will open with a video preview. Click on the arrow next to the record button and select your iPhone as the camera and microphone source.
- Once your iPhone’s screen is displayed in the QuickTime Player window, open Snapchat and load the snap you want to capture.
- Click on the record button in QuickTime Player to start recording your iPhone’s screen.
- Play the snap in Snapchat, and when you’re done, click on the Stop button in QuickTime Player.
- Save the recording as a video file on your Mac.
This method utilizes the screen recording feature on your Mac to capture the Snapchat snap without any notifications being sent. It’s a bit more involved than the previous methods, but it’s a reliable and foolproof way of taking a screenshot undetected.
And there you have it, my friends! Three different methods to screenshot on Snapchat without the other person knowing on your iPhone. Whether you prefer using Airplane Mode, AssistiveTouch, or the QuickTime Screen Recording, these tricks will help you capture those special moments discreetly. Remember to use these methods responsibly and respect the privacy of others. Happy snapping!