Have you ever wanted to remove the background music from a song on YouTube? Maybe you found a great cover of a song, but the original music is overpowering and you want to hear the vocals more clearly. Well, I’ve got you covered! In this article, I will guide you through the process of removing background music from YouTube videos using a couple of different methods. Let’s get started!
Method 1: Using Online Tools
One of the easiest ways to remove music from a YouTube video is by using online tools specifically designed for this purpose. One such tool is Kapwing’s Studio Editor. Here’s how you can use it:
- Open the YouTube video you want to remove music from and copy its URL.
- Go to Kapwing’s Studio Editor and paste the YouTube video URL into the designated field.
- Once the video is loaded, click on the “Audio” tab in the left sidebar.
- Select the option to remove audio or adjust the audio levels to minimize the background music.
- Click on the “Export Video” button and wait for the processed video to be generated.
- Finally, download the modified video without the background music.
Using online tools like Kapwing’s Studio Editor is a simple and convenient way to remove music from YouTube videos. However, it’s worth noting that the quality of the output video may vary depending on the tool used and the complexity of the original audio.
Method 2: Using Video Editing Software
If you’re looking for more control and options, using video editing software is another effective method to remove music from YouTube videos. Here’s a step-by-step guide using a popular video editing software, Adobe Premiere Pro:
- Download and install Adobe Premiere Pro on your computer.
- Open the software and create a new project.
- Import the YouTube video you want to edit into the project.
- Drag the video clip onto the timeline.
- Right-click on the video clip in the timeline and select “Unlink Audio and Video”. This will separate the audio from the video.
- Delete or mute the audio track, effectively removing the background music.
- Adjust the remaining audio levels, if necessary.
- Export the edited video without the background music.
Using video editing software gives you more control over the editing process and allows for precise adjustments. However, it requires more technical knowledge and may be more time-consuming compared to online tools.
Removing music from YouTube videos can be useful for various purposes, such as focusing on vocals, creating remixes, or simply enjoying a different listening experience. In this article, I’ve outlined two methods for removing background music: using online tools like Kapwing’s Studio Editor and utilizing video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro.
Both methods have their own advantages and it’s up to you to choose the one that best suits your needs. Whether you opt for the convenience of online tools or the flexibility of video editing software, you now have the knowledge to remove music from YouTube music videos. So go ahead and give it a try!