Have you ever come across a YouTube video with an amazing soundtrack that you wished you could save as an audio file on your iPhone? Well, I have, and I’m here to show you how you can easily extract audio from a YouTube video on your iPhone.
Why Extract Audio from YouTube Videos?
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of extracting audio, let’s quickly discuss why you might want to do this. There are several reasons why you may want to extract audio from a YouTube video:
- Offline Listening: Extracting audio allows you to enjoy your favorite music or podcast even when you don’t have an internet connection.
- Create Ringtones: With the extracted audio, you can set it as your iPhone ringtone and personalize your device.
- Study and Research: If you’re a student or researcher, extracting audio can be useful for analyzing speeches, interviews, or lectures.
Method 1: Using a Third-Party App
The easiest way to extract audio from a YouTube video on your iPhone is by using a third-party app. One popular app for this purpose is called “Documents by Readdle.” Here’s how you can do it:
- First, download and install the “Documents by Readdle” app from the App Store.
- Open the YouTube app and find the video from which you want to extract audio.
- Tap on the Share button below the video and select “Copy Link.”
- Launch the “Documents by Readdle” app and tap on the bottom-right corner, where you’ll find a Safari-like icon. This will open a built-in browser within the app.
- In the browser’s address bar, type in “ytmp3.cc” and hit enter. This website allows you to convert YouTube videos to audio files.
- Paste the YouTube video’s URL into the bar provided on the website and tap on the “Convert” button.
- Once the conversion process is complete, you’ll be presented with a “Download” button. Tap on it to save the extracted audio file to the app’s local storage.
- Lastly, navigate to the “Downloads” section within the “Documents by Readdle” app, locate the audio file, and tap on it to open or share it.
Method 2: Using Shortcuts App
If you prefer a more streamlined approach and have iOS 13 or later, you can use the Shortcuts app to extract audio from YouTube videos. Here’s how:
- Make sure you have the Shortcuts app installed on your iPhone. If not, download it from the App Store.
- Open the YouTube app and find the video you want to extract audio from.
- Tap on the Share button below the video and select “Share…” and then “Shortcuts.”
- If you already have a Shortcut for extracting audio, select it. Otherwise, tap on “Find more Shortcuts” to search for one.
- Once you’ve selected or installed the desired Shortcut, follow the on-screen instructions to extract the audio.
- The extracted audio file will be saved to your iPhone’s Files app, from where you can listen to it or share it with others.
A Word of Caution:
While extracting audio from YouTube videos for personal use is generally acceptable, it’s important to respect the copyright of content creators. Make sure you only extract audio for your own use and avoid distributing or monetizing it without proper permissions.
Extracting audio from YouTube videos on your iPhone is a convenient way to enjoy your favorite music and other audio content offline. Whether you choose to use a third-party app like “Documents by Readdle” or take advantage of the Shortcuts app, the process is relatively simple and accessible to anyone with an iPhone.
Remember to always use extracted audio responsibly and respect the rights of content creators. Happy listening!