Changing your LinkedIn web address can help you create a more professional online presence and make it easier for others to find you. In this article, I will guide you through the steps to change your LinkedIn web address, while also sharing some personal tips and commentary along the way.
Why Change Your LinkedIn Web Address?
A standard LinkedIn web address consists of a series of random numbers and letters, making it difficult to remember and share with others. By customizing your web address, you can create a more professional and personalized URL that reflects your name or brand.
Having a customized LinkedIn web address can make it easier for potential employers, clients, and colleagues to find and connect with you. It also adds a level of credibility to your profile, as it shows that you have taken the time to personalize and optimize your LinkedIn presence.
Step-by-Step Guide to Changing Your LinkedIn Web Address
- Sign in to your LinkedIn account and navigate to your profile page.
- Click on the “Edit public profile & URL” button, which is located on the right side of your profile page, just below your profile photo.
- On the right side of the page, you will see a section titled “Edit URL.” Click on the “Edit” button next to your current web address.
- A new window will appear, allowing you to edit your public profile URL. Type in your desired web address, which should ideally be your full name or a variation of it.
- LinkedIn will check the availability of your desired web address. If it’s already taken or violates LinkedIn’s guidelines, you will need to choose another option.
- Once you have entered a valid and available web address, click on the “Save” button to finalize the change.
Voila! Your LinkedIn web address has now been changed to the custom URL of your choice. Now, whenever you share your LinkedIn profile or include it in your email signature, it will have a clean and professional web address that is easy to remember and share.
My Personal Tips for Choosing a LinkedIn Web Address
When selecting a custom LinkedIn web address, it’s important to consider a few things:
- Keep it simple and professional. Choose a web address that is easy to spell and remember, and that reflects your personal or professional brand.
- Avoid using numbers or special characters. Stick to using only letters in your web address to keep it clean and professional.
- If your full name is already taken, try using a variation of it, such as adding a middle initial or using your initials.
- Consider the long-term. Choose a web address that you will be comfortable using for years to come, even if your career or branding evolves.
By following these tips, you can create a LinkedIn web address that not only looks professional but also aligns with your personal or professional brand.
Changing your LinkedIn web address is a simple yet effective way to enhance your online presence and make it easier for others to find you. By customizing your web address, you can create a personalized URL that reflects your name or brand, adding a level of professionalism and credibility to your profile. Remember to keep it simple, professional, and consider the long-term when choosing your custom LinkedIn web address.
If you haven’t already, take a few minutes today to change your LinkedIn web address and make it your own. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did!